- Do you have products to protect against coronavirus?
Washing your hands with our Healing Body Bar soap is a simple and effective way to prevent spreading or coming into contact with the coronavirus – and experts agree soap is more effective than hand sanitisers. Our healing body bar is ideal for people with sensitive skin or skin prone to eczema. It is 100% natural, free of perfumes, is gentle and doesn't aggravate the skin.
What products are good for eczema? The High Factor Peony Root Skin Remedy and the Peony Root Moisturiser. The High Factor 20ml crème is a good tester size and is the same as the 100ml tube of cream. We also have the Healing Body Bar (alternative to soap) and Healing Shampoo bar. All our products have peony root in them.
- What is the difference between the High Factor Skin Remedy and the Peony Root Moisturiser? The High Factor is the repair cream, ideal for specific areas that are inflamed or irritated. It has the highest strength and concentration of peony root. The Peony Root Moisturiser is more hydrating, it has less peony root active and more emulsifying and moisturizing ingredients. Both are suitable for eczema prone and problem skin and can be used together for best results.
- What's the difference between the Sensitive Crème and the High Factor Peony Root Skin Remedy? They are the same product - we have renamed and re-packaged our Sensitive Crème so it is now called High Factor Peony Root Skim Remedy. Same ingredients, same healing properties.
- Does it work for psoriasis, rosacea, contact dermatitis as well as eczema? Yes – we have had amazing results from people with all sorts of skin irritations. It doesn’t seem to matter what the cause of the skin irritation or condition is – the active ingredient in the peony root soothes and calms, reduces inflammation, and stops the itch. It’s also anti-bacterial and helps the skin cells heal.
- Will it help my skin condition? We hope so! As a natural product it doesn’t work for everyone, but it’s definitely worth a try. The 20ml size (at $15) is a good way to try it and see if it works. The starter pack (small crème, soap and shampoo) is a great way to try the full range (and remove common irritants found in some soaps and shampoo bottles).
- How long does it take to work? You should see positive results within 2 – 3 days of using the cream 2 – 3 times a day
- How do I use your products to get the best results? For babies with eczema (or other skin conditions) we recommend you use the cream 2 – 3 times a day in the bad patches where you would otherwise be tempted to use a steroid cream. Apply the pure peony sensitive cream to the inflamed skin 2 – 3 times a day and within 2 – 3 days you should see an improvement. If it improves, keep using the crème until the symptoms are gone and keep on hand to use for future flare-ups. At night it is great if you can use a wrap (from the chemist) on top of the cream – that helps the skin absorb the cream even more. Don’t use any soaps or shampoos.
For older children and adults, we recommend using the cream (as above) and our soap and shampoo. Replace any body wash or other soap with the purepeony sensitive soap and shampoo as both contain peony root and will help keep skin conditions under control.
- How did you find out about peony root? When researching how best to grow the peony plants, we came across a lot of published research and scientific papers on the healing properties of peony and how traditionally peony has been used in both Chinese traditional and Western herbal medicine. Our children had severe eczema and we wanted to stop using steroids and find a natural alternative that works – so we explored using peony root first in soaps and then in creams – with amazing results!
- Is the crème safe to use on the face? Is it safe for babies? Yes, the sensitive cream is 100% natural and safe on faces, safe for babies.
- How long will a small tube or large tube of cream last me? The small 20ml tube is designed to last most people a week if they are using it 2 – 3 times a day, depending on how large an area of skin is being treated. That’s long enough to see positive results and to order the larger size. The 80ml lasts between 1 – 3 months depending on how extensive the area of irritated skin.
- How long is the shelf life of your cream? Use within 12months of opening. We use a natural preservative (Geoguard 221).
- Are your products natural? Organic? Made in NZ? Not tested on animals? Our products are natural. The peony root is organically grown on our farm in Nelson. The soaps and shampoo are hand made in Nelson and the creams are made by a GMP natural products manufacturer in Nelson. Our products aren’t tested on animals and don’t contain animal products. Our sensitive range is hypoallergenic.
What’s special about your products? What benefits does peony have? We are the only company using NZ organically grown peony root! We use the root in all of our products. And our range really works! White peony root contains the active ingredient Peoniflorin. This is scientifically proven to:
- : Reduce dryness and itchiness
- : Have skin calming properties
- : Anti-bacterial
- : Promote natural healing
- : Soothe and nourish
- What’s different about the sensitive crème and the Indulge Me Night Repair and the Lavender Skin Love Day Cream? The sensitive range is unscented. The other products have natural oils to make them smell nicer! The Indulge Me cream has Bergamot and Mandarin Essential Oils (to smell like the peony flower!) and the Lavender has lavender oil. They all have peony root and a base of avocado oil and cocoa butter.
- Can I use the Indulge Me or the Lavender cream and soaps if I have sensitive skin? Many people can use our scented products even on sensitive skin, however we recommend you use the unscented sensitive range on very sensitive skin. You can try the other products on an area and if there is no reaction, then apply more widely. Our sons with eczema can use the whole range of creams and soaps without reacting but we tend to use the sensitive range.
- Can I use the Indulge Me Night Repair Cream during the day? Yes, we market is as a night repair cream as the citrus oils are good for your ‘laughter lines’ (the lines around the eyes). You can use the cream on face, hands, legs, the whole body and during the day or night.
- Do you have an everyday moisturizer? Yes, while any of our creams can be used daily as a moisturizer the Peony Root Moisturiser has additional ingredients like Shea Butter and Borage Seed Oil for hydrating and moisturising dry skin.
- Do your products have a SPF rating (sunscreen)? No, we don’t make a sunscreen.
- Do you make a cleanser? No.
- Who should use the face mask? We’ve had lots of teenagers/young people using the face mask (including our 12-year-old son) to clear up both extreme and mild acne. We’ve also got adults using it at night to ‘freshen up’ the face.
- How do I use the face mask for best results? Use once to twice a week. Apply the cream thickly to the whole face. Leave for about 7 minutes then wash off with warm water.
- What part of the peony do you use? We actually use every part of the plant! For our natural products, we use the peony root. We dig up the tubers and replant divisions of the tuber and use the excess root that can’t be replanted in our products. That excess root is washed, sliced and dried on site before being sent to our natural products manufacturer and soap makers for additional extraction processes and the creation of the finished products. We sell the cut flowers (in November) in boxes delivered throughout NZ .
- When are the flowers available? The season usually runs from early November to early December.
- How do I order flowers for a special date? Enter the date you want the flowers in the "special instructions for seller" field at checkout. We will do our best! We don't deliver flowers on a Monday but do overnight delivery Tuesday - Friday. We can't guarantee our overnight service to RD addresses and since they are perishable it is best to provide an address where someone will be there to receive them and get them out of the box and sun and into chilled water asap.
- What does Back order mean? Back order means we have stock ordered but it is not in our warehouse yet, it might be being packaged or being handmade by our partners Global Soap. The delay on back ordered stock can be between 10-14 days. We apologise for any inconvenience this delay may cause you.
- How do I know you have received my order? If you pay by credit card you will receive a receipt for the payment and we will email you when your order is ready to ship. If you pay by Bank Transfer you will receive an email confirming the total of your order to pay and our bank details. It can take a few days for the funds to clear and as soon as they have your order will move to our dispatch queue ready for shipping. We will email you when we ship your goods.
- How do I use the High Factor creme? We have used our creme instead of steriods. Apply liberally to the irritated skin area and at night time you can also apply and then wrap the irritated area with cotton fabric or crepe bandage to improve the absorption of the creme into the skin. You can apply the creme many times during the day as it is 100% natural.
- Can I use the crème on cracked hands or feet? Yes, we recommend you try it on a small area first.
- Is your creme good for rosacea? Yes we have had great feedback about our creme helping with rosacea. Peoniflorin has anitinflammatory properties which help with the redness of rosacea.
- Do you have anything for itchy scalp? Yes our shampoo bar is great for itchy scalps, dandruff and psoriasis in your hairline. Simply wet hair, rub the bar onto the hair, lather up and rinse off.
- Do you sell conditioner? Yes, our Healing Conditioner Bar is fantastic and has peony root.
Where can I learn more about the Properties of Peony Root?
Peony root has been used for centuries in herbal medicine in both Asia and Europe.
If you would like to learn more about the properties of Peony Root we’ve assembled some links below that may be of interest:
- Direct Bank Transfer – Make your payment directly into our bank account. Please use your Order ID or name as the payment reference. Your order will be shipped once funds have cleared into our account. Our account number is 06-0705-0443354-00.
- Credit Card – Make your payment via Paypal
- Internet Banking – (Pay with POLi)
- Cheque – Send us a cheque through the mail.
- Afterpay - click on that option before you add to cart and you will need to set up an account with Afterpay (an independent payment provider). Afterpay enables you to make part payments over a period of time.